- Re-engage with your core values; Looking for tools to help you with this? Contact me at Barbara@rtperspectives.com.
- Determine if your work environment leaves you feeling as if you can’t live your core values while you’re there.
If you hear yourself saying any of the following on a regular basis, it is likely a sign that the toxicity is getting to you:
- “I’m consistently being asked to do things that will compromise my integrity.”
- “The way people are treated around here is unacceptable.”
- “This place is sucking the life out of me.”
You may feel you can’t handle the situation any more, but that’s not necessarily true. Before making any rash decisions, be diligent about separating fact from fiction– what you know to be true vs. what you assume is true. Then tally the results and evaluate the pros and cons of staying until you find another job, staying and trying to effect change, or leaving before your emotional and physical health are negatively impacted. There are lots of variables to consider in making this decision. As I advised in my latest blog: “Let cooler heads prevail!”